Nobody understands me when I try to explain that the manga’s last arc is way superior and it deserved to be animated; because to make my argument I have to give gigantic spoilers and I don’t want them to miss all that awesomeness if it ever does get animated in the future. While the photoset above is one of the biggest moments in the manga; there are many more…
Aaah too much Gilmore Girls saved up on my Drafts…
I love(d) this show and yet I somehow maybe kinda hate it (in a jealous way) deep inside because it raised my expectations from relationships - friendship, romance, family - so very high.
Yes, nothing was perfect. From what I remember, they all had ups and downs; and more than once, people went their own ways. There was sadness and pain and mistakes and life.
But the dialogues, the sweet moments, those little gestures, the quick witted answers, the fast-paced fun, the way they talked about something the other person completely understood and caught on, the fun they had while doing all that is still killing me. It’s STILL what I want in a person.
When I watched this movie as a kid, I thought this was just her preference in men; but as I am today, I want to scream “GOSH, JESSICA, I HAD NO IDEA HOW IMPORTANT THAT WAS, YOU WERE TOTALLY RIGHT, THANK YOU.”
Fairy Tail Anime’s TV Run to End on March 30
ANN confirmed that Kodansha’s TV Magazine announced on Friday that the Fairy Tail anime’s television broadcast run will end on March 30.
The adaptation of Hiro Mashima’s Fairy Tail fantasy adventure manga premiered on Japan’s TV Tokyo station in October 2009. The April issue of Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine is revealing on Monday that the Driland anime will begin a new run in Fairy Tail’s current Saturday 10:30 a.m. timeslot on April 6.
However, Mashima posted a statement to fans on his official Twitter feed on Saturday:
Until the time comes, I cannot say something I’ve always wanted to say, even on Twitter. Please be patient and wait until the time comes for me to announce some good news.
Oh well, considering the anime is soon going to catch up with the manga; this is not too shocking.
It’s really sad we won’t get to see the cast together for some time again, but I’d rather they choose to stop the series, instead of going into filler episodes until more story develops and eventually ruin things. Because many people know how that plan worked out for some series…
I just hope they don’t turn this into another KHR situation. Although considering Mashima is constantly on Twitter, updating people with news, announcements, art and answering stuff whenever he’s available; he’s not as unreachable as KHR’s Amano, I guess. So I’m sure we’ll get some kind of an update soon.
And his words seem promising about the anime’s future and I don’t think that Fairy Tail is a franchise they’ll let go anytime soon. I guess I’m hopeful about this in general.
I’m only upset that we might not properly get to see the ending of this arc in the anime :((
NEW FEATURES’ BUGS, YOU’RE MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE.
I WAS DOING A GOOD JOB AT THAT FRONT WITHOUT YOUR HELP, YOU KNOW? I DIDN’T NEED THAT KIND OF SUPPORT.
This portfolio website is killing me because I’m one of those people who goes “OOOOH LOOK AT THIS LOVELY THINGY THAT I WANT TO USE ON THE WEBSITE!” So when this happens for about 10 times and the original plan goes out of the window; you finally accept something is wrong with you.
Why can’t I just decide on 1 thing and go with it?
PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY STARTED WRITING THEIR CODES FOR GOD’S SAKE.
So, we’ve opened dummy blog accounts in class to write some essays in and try out some features. It was all part of a small project, and the only person who checks these blogs was going to be our teacher.
Now some people I have no idea about are following me there >_____________________>
What’s going on? If I had opened that account seriously, nobody; and I mean NOBODY; would ever take a moment to look at it, let alone follow.
I’m getting kinda nervous?
We were supposed to write a test article about design, on our test website. Although we were specifically told that “it should be written by us, even if it’s a test website” and I could’ve ended this with a simple “what’s what, how” in general; I somehow ended up talking about design, and then jumped to arts, and then jumped to applied arts and fine arts, and then to graphic arts and started babbling about ultimate principles, elements, Gestalt psychology and color theories…
AND THEN I REMINDED MYSELF THAT NO ONE BUT OUR TEACHER IS GOING TO READ THIS.
Before the end of this week, I’m also supposed to write a couple of more test articles for the programs we use - IDEK how you can just “talk about” a program, but… I can try? “So this Dreamweaver dude turned out to be such a turd”???
Anyway, here’s to hoping that this reminds me to not make the same mistake again *sobs in a corner*
(Woah - scratch that when I said 5.8; it’s been confirmed 6.2 now.)
I can’t believe I’ve realized this when my figure cabinet’s glass shook >_> Actually I think I felt the shake but dismissed it as my imagination, again.
The rest is my unnecessary babbling, as always.
Needless to say, when the original deadline of something is in January, I happen to be nowhere close to completing anything when such an announcement takes place.
Sure, I had some sketches and ideas down, I was trying out a few tricks with Illustrator & Photoshop that I might use and looking up some advanced tutorials that could improve the work I had in mind. But that was about it. So as for the actual work, I had close to nothing completed.
When the new date was announced, I mentally went into a fetal position under my table and wanted to laugh and cry (
In the end, I had to change plans… I now have to go for something a bit more simpler to get things done within the given time.
But being the obsessed little (?) thing that I am, I want even that option to be the best I can.
I’ve been spending the last few days looking for materials, tips and tutorials that might come in handy with this new plan. And I spent the last day searching for stock photos that could be used with it. I separated and grouped them. My drafts are ready. Now I’ll look for some more extras and begin.
THANKFULLY, I think I got the font covered from last time. At least that’s one thing out.
All the while, I’m trying to ignore the fact that I have at least 1 more big project due the same date. But I’m telling myself that it’ll be easier and more fun and that I can complete that in time…
I think I also had an advertisement project too… but that won’t take too much time.
Oh, and I’m almost done with my column, but the deadline is tomorrow, so I’ll need to spare some time for the final touches before sending the article. Yeah. Great.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, I came across two design contests and I think I want to try my chance at one of them. Of course this was before the new deadline thing. Now it’s more like this:
…and how is it possible that suddenly everybody I haven’t talked to in weeks/months have been calling…
So sorry about that. I’ll call back (aka text…) when there’s no crisis in the atmosphere, promise.
Anyway these are what’s been keeping me busy lately.
Hence the lack of proper updates. I only enter Tumblr when I want to relax and collect my thoughts a bit. Things should get back to normal soon. Hopefully. If I don’t crack.
Or get distracted.
Or, you know, anything else.
That fetal position under the table still seems like a good idea.
F. Champenois Imprimeur-Editeur, by Alphonse Mucha, 1897
IIRC, I did this in different colors for a project back in school few years ago… It was extremely exhausting to work on that bg with tiny brushes, but I liked the final work. I need to find those works again >_>
It’s already December and I’m nowhere close to finishing my final project. Just the other day, we got another one. And seems like we’ll have 1-2 more within this month.
They’re all absolutely fun projects to design and you start loving the work even more as you see it progress, but deciding which way you’ll want to take with that work is the hardest and most time consuming part.
I think I’m ready to show our teacher my progress, but I still need to polish and clean things a bit. Unfortunately, things never end up the way they’re in your head. :)
Now that the painting is finished and the room looks brand new for the first time in years, I was thinking about checking out some wall decals.
There are mostly city, landscape or grunge-style decals around the few stores around (or very very sparkly ones), so I was checking out the online stores.
So far I’m really into some minimalistic designs or some forest/tree illustrations. But in my heart, I still hope to find something about Adventure Time. If I can’t, I’ll probably try to vector one for myself.
Then I’ll have to remove that wall if I ever move from this house.
- What was the deal with (present time) Byakuran? Who released him when they returned from the future in the first place?
- Who were Cervello, really? What was their mission? Why did they all look alike (was that a clone thing? a family thing?)
- Let’s say that Tsuna resembling Giotto was a genetic thing. But if Xanxus wasn’t actually related to Vongola, why did he looked like an exact replica of Ricardo (second) so much to the point of having the exact same type of flame? There were a million similar theories on that front?
- Did Tsuna ever choose between Kyoko and Haru or will that be a triangle FOREVER?
- I admit, there were times I wondered what happened to Yamamoto’s mother or his father’s past as a swordsman and what made him quit…
- Did Xanxus’ relationship with the Ninth ever change?
- What was Varia’s punishment (if they had any) after the Ring Battles?
- What happened to Xanxus’ mother?
- How about the other sons of Ninth? They’re never mentioned again after the very first chapter?
- I keep thinking why didn’t the Ninth ever bother to tell Xanxus that he couldn’t be the boss because of the blood of Vongola… before Xanxus became the boss of an assassin team. (their relationship was one of the things I most wondered about in the story.)
- Was Bel really a prince and was the rumors about his past true?
- Why did Squalo become an assassin at 13-14?
- How did the First Guardians came together? We kept hearing rumors and legends about them, we even saw them in brief flashbacks but we’ll never know about how did they come togther. For example, I’d like to know about how did Giotto came to know Ugetsu Asari… considering the time period they lived and all.
- How did Daemon forced Giotto to step down? (through betrayal, yes, but what was the event. sorry if this was revealed, if so, I can’t remember right now.)
- How did Daemon became Ricardo’s Mist Guardian?
- Considering Giotto and Ricardo were both living in the same time period and were related; how did Ricardo inherit the family?
- What happened to Primo’s Guardians after he moved to Japan?
- There were some cool and interesting looking 6 more Vongola bosses we learned close to nothing about. Except names and maybe flames (for example I’d love to learn more about the only female Vongola boss, Daniela -the Eighth- or about the Fifth.)
- How about Dino and Squalo’s school years? Dino mentioned hearing about Squalo in school and some small interaction took place in one of the Drama CDs, yet they had no other proper dialogues whatsoever after the Ring Battles (not counting the greeting in the TYL arc when Squalo enters the HQ).
- Who freed Xanxus the first time? Some people say it was the Varia, but the Vongola Rings weren’t supposed to be in Varia’s possession back then and I think it was never clearly stated?
- Does absolutely everyone in the Vongola alliance agree with Tsuna’s ways and his thoughts about destroying the current Vongola? Since we ended up learning about only a handful of families by Tsuna’s side, and there are dozens more without any info out there.
- Was Iemitsu ever a boss candidate? Did he refuse or something?
- How/why/when did Cozarto’s descendants leave the island after living there for at least a few generations?
- How old was Yuni? Because I keep seeing her as the “eternal loli” type; considering she didn’t look 10 years younger at all when they returned from the future. (ok, maybe she looked like 3-4 years younger; but not 10).
- Also what was the deal with Gamma and Aria? No, really?
- Following that, then what is the deal with Gamma and Yuni in the present time?
- Was there ever a special case about Fuuta? Like, where did he come from? Was there a clan of people like him or something?
- HOW EXACTLY did the Bovino family create a bazooka that’s actually a time machine? Leaving the fantasy element in the story aside; since they’ve taken mysteriously fast actions like sending Shouichi a package as soon as he came into contact with Lambo, where they some kind of scientists or something?
- Also, what made them give a time-machine/bazooka to a 5 year-old kid?
- It was hinted that the one in the photo in Ryohei’s room during the TYL arc was Hana, and it’s widely believed so, but we never got anything about them (or not) beyond that. It’s not like we always get confirmation on every relationship in mangas and they’re sometimes hinted to the readers but not mentioned in the story; but considering those two having close to no interaction in the present time, that TYL suggestion was kind of left in the air.
- So, what happens to Mukuro’s world domination plans now? He just keeps saying he hates mafia forever? No new ambitions, plans, taking over Tsuna’s body or something?
- Chrome and Mukuro’s situation, anyone? After Chrome’s declaration of wanting to be acknowledged as a separate individual and all that power show, what happened to those two?
- DOES HIBARI EVER GRADUATE? I’d actually love a backstory about why is he so obsessed with the school or Namimori in general.
- What was the deal with the “species” that Sepira and Kawahira/Checker Face were part of? Maybe some more details? Like why was Checker Face able to live on not aging, but Sepira’s descendants were cursed with short life spans?
- How did Sepira come into contact with Giotto?
- (Considering Simon Family being the antagonists during that arc) Did Adel kill Giegue Family? (“their bodies were left in strange positions”) If not, what happened to those guys? Because it could have been cool to learn about another famous family, who are assassins…
- Other than Sky and Eath flames, were there ever another element? (which could’ve been… should have been?)
- What happened to Genkishi in the present time?
- Just what is TALBOT? How is he still alive since Primo’s time? Because flames, because magic, because what? Are we supposed to just assume there are even more species that include people with special talents like Talbot, Fuuta, etc.?
- With Primo’s blood being named “Penalty” and “Sin” upgrading Simon rings, was there anything else special with the bloods of former bosses?
- How did Fon begin training I-Pin? (considering she was basically an infant and all…? like, how did they meet, did he take her under his wing for some reason?)
- How did Byakuran gather the Funeral Wreaths again when they were back from the future? I mean, considering he kinda backstabbed them in the middle of battlefield with Ghost’s appearance, did their reunion went that smoothly?
- Would Varia have anymore function when Tsuna becomes boss? Since Tsuna is against killing, but they’re still family all? Will they just claim they’re working for Ninth like they were in the TYL arc, or now that the TYL and final arc events happened between them, will their mafia-relationships also change?
- What happened to Lancia?
- Does Hibari have a family? How/where does he actually live? There was some small info about this in a databook, but we never saw anything about his life out of school at all.
- Are there any more threats other than the Pesca Family who attacked during the Inheritance Ceremony arc? Will they ever be a threat again? There’s bound to be, since they’re mafia and all?
- How about the many different families we heard about or saw briefly during the storyline (checking the wikia quickly, like Macchina, Carcassa, Trad 6, LeiLei Brothers, etc…)? We’ll never learn anything about these guys and it could’ve been interesting. Also after the Inheritance Ceremony was cut off… did those families just went back to their countries like nothing ever happened?
- How about Ninth’s Guardians? They looked like some very interesting fellows (whom we’ll never ever learn more about as well).
I’m absolutely not saying it wasn’t a joyful ride, I loved KHR to the end. It was one of my favorites. But come on, THERE WERE SO MANY MORE THINGS THEY COULD EXPLORE IN THE STORY. This ending was just too sudden for a series like this…
(Edit- There might be parts I missed or forgot, I wrote this with a sudden rush of feelings ==)
This is on the top of my wishlist right now! Or something similar…
My room turns into an icebox in the morning, and they’re still not turning up the general heat. At least with something like this, I can have some form of a heat source. Not to mention the actual winter colds where I wear some 6 layers of clothing are still on their way.
I’ve been putting it off for the last 2 years, but it’s absolutely my priority right now. >_>