SO YOU WANNA BLOG SOME ART! a list.
- the post is already made and you’re reblogging it from the source and writing ‘great job’ or ‘you’re awesome’ or ‘wow’ or keysmashing or adding a gif to express emotions.
- the post is already made and you’re not sure of the source so you look it up, discover it’s unsourced, and reblog adding the source in.
- the post isn’t already made because you found this super cool piece of art on a website and you want to post it to tumblr so you upload it with a source somewhere in the post.
- the post isn’t already made and you have no idea where the art came from so you upload it anyway without credit.
- you do the above then get annoyed when the artist asks you to credit because it’s the internet/free exposure/fanart anyway/poo on you/i’m lazy/whatever.
- you download the fanart from the source and upload it literally immediately after the source has uploaded it with no credit whatsoever.
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS YOU ARE ACTUALLY MAKING EXTRA WORK FOR YOURSELF JUST REBLOG IT???? THAT IS EASIER!
- you want to reblog it from the source but the artist is like, talking about it or something, or it was drawn for someone/someone’s fic and has links/feelings/thoughts included in text below the image, so you delete what the artist said and just reblog the picture without what they had to say about it.
THAT IS RUDE!
- but it wasn’t even really important and—
- but it looks so much neater without—
- stop and ask yourself ‘would i do this in an art gallery? face to face with an artist? would i do the equivalent in a bookstore?’ if the answer is NO! then
hey here’s an idea DON’T DO THAT.